Food Review: Soon Heong Bak Kut Teh TTDI



I had the privilege to try out Soon Heong's Bak Kut Teh at one of their branches at TTDI last night and was impressed by the delicious soup base and Yui Tiao (Yeow Char Kway) they offered. More info on this below.

According to the manager, Andy lunch time can be crowded. 
For those who are familiar with this brand name, Soon Heong also has an outlet in Jinjang. Their maiden outlet is located at Jinjang South, Jalan Jambu Gajus and has been established since 1969. That's a whopping 46 years into the business!

The shop is clean and simple, with a minimalist design. 

Let me start off by introducing my favourite dish from last night's food review.
This is the dry version of bak kut teh called spicy thin sliced pork (dry) 

As I have been taking soupy ones all the time, this is my very first dry Bak Kut Teh and I am loving it! . The slices of thin layered pork is aromatic and tender. Oooohhhhh I love the black sauce. This goes very well with plain white rice although it can be a bit salty if you take too much sauce. Thumbs up 4.5/5 ratings.

The Yui Tiao (Yeow Char Kway) is freshly fried upon customer's requests and it's fresh to the max. When it arrived, it was soooooo super crispy. Priced at RM 4 per serving, I believe one bowl is never enough. Trust me, you will get hooked on this one. 5/5 Ratings
 This is their all time famous Sang Kuat Bak Kut Teh. 
Special Spare Ribs (Small) RM45.
Customers are advised to call in to pre-order this is they want to have it fast as cooking time for this dis is approximately 40 mins. The fresh meat (Sang Kuat) is double boiled hence giving out a sweet aromatic and perfect soup base. 
Soon Heong Bak Kut Teh was the pioneer in introducing the Sang Kuat Bak Kut Teh in Jingang those days.
The BKT soup's recipe in Soon Heong is the lighter version but it's still very tasty.
I find that after taking this soup, it warms my tummy without a heavy feeling.
Here's a quick look at their menu and pricing which I feel is very affordable.

The other soup base we tried was the normal (Classic Dishes). 
This soup base is slightly heavier in herbs taste. Between the Sang Kuat and the original soup, I prefer the Sang Kuat better.
A super "wai sek" CP :Þ
Enjoying my soup to the last drop. Let's not waste it!
Next we got to try the braised pork knuckles (RM14.80). This dish is bone-free. 
The sauce was not too salty and blends in well with the parts.
Overall, it was a really satisfying dining experience. My parents both enjoyed the meal very much too. Thank you for having me, Andy. Can't wait to try your Jinjang Outlet soon.

Soon Heong Bak Kut Teh is located at 
10, Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 1, Taman Tun Dr. Ismail, 60000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-7494 4891

Opens from 11.00am - 10.00pm

For more info log on to their Facebook page

Comments

Popular Posts